The first thing that comes to our mind after hearing the word ‘beaches’ is – Goa. And undoubtedly, this is an ultimate beach destination in India, and the most preferred tourist spot among Indians and foreigners alike. While Goa has everything that’s required for a relaxed and fun-filled vacation, it gets really crowded during peak season. So those of you who want to avoid the crowd and spend some quality time with your beloved in quaint and secluded beaches, here’s a list of destinations in India that will make you forget Goa.
- Andaman Islands: With over 300 islands, all laid down with white sand beaches, turquoise water and coral reefs, Andamans is an ideal place for a beach bum. It is this island where you are spoilt for choices for the number beaches to visit. Right from indulging in water sports to exploring the walking trail and enjoying some quality time in calm setting, you can do it all here.
- Kerala: Known for its backwaters, beaches and coffee plantations, Kerala shares a 550 km long coastline overlooking the Arabian Sea. For someone who loves to hangout at the beach, Kerala offers a perfect escape from the city life. Some of the popular beaches here are Kovalam, Bekal, Varkala, Kozhikode and Alappuzha.
- Lakshadweep: The Union Territory of India, Lakshadweep consists of 36 atolls but only a few are open to the public. The serene and pristine beaches, water sports and sea food in Lakshadweep is what attracts tourists in large numbers. Also, the hotels in Lakshadweep are welcoming and best suited for honeymooners and families.
- Diu: Infused with Portugese history, Diu is one of the most understated beach destinations in India. Inspite of that fact, Diu has left no stone unturned in surprising the tourists with its unspoiled beauty. Here, you will find a vibe similar to that of Goa, but with a less crowd and commercialisation. Some of the popular beaches here are Nagoa beach, Jallandhar beach, Chakratirth beach and Gomtimata beach. If you are planning to visit Diu in the coming months, make sure to book your hotels in Diu prior to your visit as it is the peek season and sneeking in a hotel would be difficult.
- Karnataka: If you have a poetic soul and are looking for a laid-back vacations or are an adventure enthusiast, you can head to any beach in karnataka. Boasting of approximately 87 beaches in its vicinity, this destination will make your trip worth every penny. Besides the serenity and action-packed holiday, Karnataka is also famous for its temples so you can head here with your friends or family, alike.
If you have got other destinations in your mind and want to share them, do not hesitate to comment below and spread the word.