Looking for spiritual respite in the heart of the Delhi? If your answer is yes, then start feeling happy from now on! Because your quest for spirituality is going to be fulfilled. Delhi is a city full of spiritual places and palaces. Be it the calming effects of a gurdwara or the serenity a temple can offer, the capital city of India has everything in store. Just keep your eyes open and you will come across a lot places that could become the answer for your soul-searching endeavor.
Here is the list of places that you should include in your travel list in Delhi. If you want to visit the gurdwaras first, the gurdwara Sis Ganj Delhi should be on top of your list. Keep reading!
- Start your spiritual tour with visiting the Sis GanjGurdwara in Delhi. This particular gurdwara holds a historical significance as it was the place where the ninth Sikh guru, Guru Teg Bahadur was beheaded. Situated at the heart of Old Delhi, near ChandniChwak, the gurdwara is one soothing place that could provide you the tranquility you have been looking for. Also, you would be able to smell the authentic charm that Old Delhi bears within itself.
- Gurdwara Banda Bahadur is another famous religious place to visit in Delhi. Located in the vicinity of QutubMinar, this gurdwara is said to be the place where the Banda Bahadur ji, the most fearless and vigorous Sikh guru was executed along with his 40 followers. The gurdwara is famous for the architectural brilliance as well as the calmness that it holds inside the place.
- Gurdwara Bangla sahib comes third in the row. This particular gurdwara has a pool inside whose water is considered as holy among the Sikhs. This sacred shrine is dedicated to Eighth Sikh guru, Guru Hari Krishan. The largely spread gurdwara and its open atmosphere is going to win your heart definitely.
- Akshardham Temple in Delhi is a must visit if you are on a spiritual tour in Delhi. This massive temple is famous for its architectural brilliance. Fluted balconies, beautifully decorated windows, the floral motifs that can be seen in this temple is a sight in itself. If you want to get astonished with the vastness of a temple, Akshardham is the place for you.
- Hanuman Mandir in Delhi is another significant temple in Delhi as it holds special historical background. It is said that this temple was built during the time of Mahabharata. The main shrine of the temple is Hanuman. Also don’t miss the ceiling of the temple as the images of Lord Rama are embossed in a beautiful style in this temple.
- The Sai Baba temple of Delhi is yet another charming place to visit in Delhi. Located at Lodhi Road, the temple will win your heart for the simplicity it holds in itself. The devotees of Sai Baba offer chadar and flowers every evening at the time of the prayer.
There are numerous temples, shrines, mosques, gurdwaras in Delhi. Apart from the historic architecture and palaces, the beautiful mélange of all religions in India can be found in the capital city. Starting from Sheeshganj Gurdwara Delhi has many places to provide with the answer for your spiritual quest.